For some bookings, especially in the day time, you will be asked to transport the children in your care in your car. This might be a school pick up, or to take them to a party.
It is essential that you have the right car insurance to cover you. Most car insurance only covers "Social, Domestic and Pleasure" and would not cover you for transporting children as part of your work.
You can either speak to your own insurer, and ask them to add on business use to your agreement, or Kowalah has partnered with Morton Michel, the leading provider of insurance the childcare industry who have their own car insurance product that will likely we at the same or lower cost than the one you already have.
Morton Michel have been working closely with the childcare sector for more than 50 years helping their clients to protect their businesses and their customers.
Over that time they have managed to put together a suite of products specifically selected as they meet the unique needs working in childcare brings. They can provide cover for vehicles such as hatchbacks, vans, high value vehicles all the way through to fleets of minibuses.
We can cover;
- Standard cars (up to 7 seats)
- Commercial vehicle/Van
- Classic Cars
- High value cars
- Protected NCB (for all drivers with 4> years NCD)
- Unlimited PI for passengers
- Any driver policies available
- Can insure vehicles in an individual or a business name
- We can insurer fleets of vehicles up to 20 at a time
- Fully insured to carry children in connection with your childcare business with personal injury for all children passengers included
Additional extras available;
- Car seat & Pram
- Key cover
- Guaranteed hire vehicle
- Motor Legal
How do I get a quote?
Just contact Morton Michel using email or your phone and mention Kowalah
0208 603 0940 – ask for the Motor team