Kowalah makes it easy for you to find regular childcare jobs with local families.
To Sign Up just go to www.kowalah.com and click Sign Up at the top of the page.
Signing up is simple, we'll ask for:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth (you need to be over 18!)
We'll then contact you by phone for a short interview and explain how Kowalah works.
If that goes well (why wouldn't it?) then we'll email you an information pack and some completion forms.
You'll need to email us back with:
- 2 references we can speak to (past or current employers for example)
- Proof of your ID (photo of your passport or driver's licence)
- Proof of your address (photo of a utility bill or bank statement)
Once we have spoken with your references and verified your documents then we'll approve you on the platform and you'll receive your login details.
Now you can add in your photo and an About Me section to help show yourself off to potential families. We'll also ask for your bank details so we can pass your earnings on to you.
Now you are on the Kowalah platform you can prepare to receive booking requests.
- You will receive a notification on your phone and email confirming the first name of the parent, the number of children, date and time of the request.
- You will also see a Google Map showing you the location and directions to their house.
- Tap on the notification to go into Kowalah and immediately accept or decline depending on your availability.
- The parent will then in realtime to choose the Kowalah they'd like from the selection that have accepted (you might be one of 5 or 6 that are available)
- Either way within the platform we'll let you know if you were booked
- If you are booked, you'll now see the parent's phone number in the Confirmed Bookings tab on your phone.
Telephone the parent as soon as you can (and definitely within 24 hours) to introduce yourself by clicking on the Intro Call button, confirm the location and answer any questions they may have. This is also your opportunity to ask them any questions and confirm you are comfortable working for them.
On the day:
- Arrive 10 minutes early to ensure you are in the family's house and ready to start your timer at the correct time.
- Open Kowalah, tap the Start Timer button and the parents can head off on their day or night out.
- When the parent's return simply hit the End Timer button and we'll automatically charge the parent's card and send them an email receipt of the transaction.
- When you are back home you can finalise the booking by adding in any pre-agreed fuel mileage or expenses, and adding your rating and review of the family.
- We'll deposit your money into your bank account within 24 hours (this allows us to handle any disputes that might arise).
Simple and safe - we look forward to providing you with access to a great source of income!