Parents have a choice of who they select to babysit for their children and the About Me section of your profile helps to show off your personality and experience.
Start by taking a piece of paper and writing down the top four or five things you think make you stand out as a great Kowalah:
- How long you have lived in the village or town where you are planning on accepting bookings from.
- Your education (and if you specialised in a subject). For example, if you're studying to be a teacher or a nurse
- Your experience working with children. Include when you started and the age ranges of kids that you have babysat for.
- Why you love childcare or what you like to do when you're taking care of kids (crafts, outdoors, helping with homework...etc)
- A sentence about you to make it more personal
Keep your sentences short, put the most important information at the top, and most importantly have fun - let your personality come through!
Lastly, make sure to double check your profile for correct spelling and grammar. Typos are a turnoff for many parents.
Here's an example to give you some ideas!
"Hello, my name is Susan. I am a stay-at-home mum to 3 little boys who are 9, 10 and 12. I moved to Cheltenham 8 years ago to work as a Teaching Assistant in the local school before I left to have my children. Since having my children I have been able to babysit for the last 4 years in the evenings for other local families and I thoroughly enjoy it. I love spending time with children be it playing games, building forts or being creative with my bag of arts and crafts. I occasionally volunteer as a football and gymnastics coach in the local community and if I am not coaching children's sports teams you will find me baking some yummy goodies in my kitchen."
There is a 1000 character limit and the easiest way to add this section is by logging into Kowalah on a laptop.